Advanced Mixture Deconvolution
The use of probabilistic genotyping enables Bode’s analysts to interpret more profiles in cases that were previously determined to be too complex. By using this technology, we can:
- Interpret DNA results faster
- Deliver more investigative information
- Interpret previously unresolvable mixtures
Bode has validated STRmix v2.5.11 for use with all four commonly used STR kits in the US:
- PowerPlex Fusion 6C
- PowerPlex Fusion
- Investigator 24plex
Bode has validated up to 4 person mixtures using STRmix.
Since first launching forensic analysis that utilizes STRmix in 2018, Bode has analyzed over 2,500 cases for more than 20 agencies using STRmix.
STRmix – Validation Services
Bode can provide validation services for STRmix implementation. Implementation of STRmix can be incredibly time consuming. Bode’s services can help reduce that burden and enable analysts to prioritize casework while bringing probabilistic genotyping on quicker.
STRmix validation service can include:
- Customized validation plan meeting the FBI QAS (2020 Standards) and SWGDAM Guidelines for the Validation of Probabilistic Genotyping Systems
- Laboratory work performed by Bode scientists
- Initial data analysis to confirm any required sample reprocessing
- Summary of methods and sample sheets
- Reagents and samples for validation (if desired)
Submission and Reporting Resources
Evidence Handling Guidelines
Client Simplified Reporting Contents and Checklist