Learn More About Sexual Assault Kit Testing by Attending Our Webinar Series
- Tuesday, September 22: The 6 Pillars of Approaching Sexual Assault Kit Backlogs - Click Here for On Demand Webinar
- Tuesday, September 29: Sexual Assault Kit Tracking: The Approach and Impact of Statewide Tracking - Registration Link
- Tuesday, October 6: Automation and Speed: Creating a Process for 2-week Turnaround of Sexual Assault Kit Evidence - Registration Link
Eliminate Backlogs of Untested Sexual Assault Kits
When tested, DNA evidence contained by sexual assault kits can be an incredibly powerful tool to solve and prevent crime. DNA evidence from sexual assault kits can:
- Identify an unknown assailent
- Confirm the presence of a known suspect
- Identify serial offenders
- Exonerate the wrongly convicted
To accomplish these things, sexual assault kits must be tested.
Expedited Testing - Non-Backlogged Kits
Bode ASAP offers priority testing of non-backlogged sexual assault kits in as soon as 2, 4, or 8 weeks to help solve and prevent future crime. Agencies submit batches of cases on a weekly basis, and through Bode Cellmark’s streamlined processes, the results are provided to the client quickly and efficiently.
- Prevent Backlogs
- Stop and Prevent Crime
Bode's Sexual Assault Kit Backlog reduction programs have helped agencies across the United States clear backlogs of sexual assault kits. For over 25 years, Bode's unmatched experience have have helped clear backlogs at the city-wide, county-wide, and state-wide levels.
1. Holder EH, Robinson LO, Laub JH. The Road Ahead: Unanalyzed Evidence in Sexual Assault Cases. U.S. Department of Justice: National Institute of Justice. https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/233279.pdf. Published May 2011. Accessed August 6, 2018.
2. U.S. Department of Justice. 2016 Crime in the United States: Table 1. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/tables/.... Accessed August 14, 2018.
3. U.S. Department of Justice. 2016 Crime in the United States: Table 18. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-p.... Accessed August 14, 2018.
4. U.S. Department of Justice. Uniform Crime Report: Crime in the United States, 2016. https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2016/crime-in-the-u.s.-2016/topic-p.... Published Fall 2017. Accessed August 14, 2018.
5. Ritter N. Solving sexual assaults: Finding answers through research. NIJ Journal. 2012; 270:4-17.