Bode-CARES Patient Portal: To find your test results, visit www.bodecares.com
- July 8, 2020: Press Release - Bode Technology Announces Comprehensive COVID-19 Testing Program
- July 2, 2020: HFSC Press Release - New Bode-CARES COVID -19 testing program to begin July 6, 2020 at The Houston Forensic Science Center to more quickly receive results in our combined mission of improving public safety.
- Bode Receives Certification to Provide Viral Testing for COVID-19
Bode-CARES: Testing for COVID-19
The Bode-CARES program provides fast testing in support of first responders to help ensure safer work environments in our shared mission of improving public safety.
This service will be made available initially to critical infrastructure agencies and organizations in need of testing, including law enforcement agencies, crime laboratory personnel and first responders. Through Bode’s COVID-19 testing, agencies will quickly know if an exposure, or potential exposure, to coronavirus has resulted in the detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
COVID-19 testing can:
- Promote a safer work environment by identifying potential positive cases and prevent greater exposure to staff and to the public
- Enable agencies to operate and continue the mission of improving public safety
Bode-CARES: Implementing a Testing Plan
Bode-CARES for First responders and Critical Infrastructure Employees
Essential employees and first responders, including law enforcement, fire services, and emergency medical services may have an increased risk of infection leading to COVID-19 because of an increased risk of exposure to the virus.
This includes prolonged exposure in communities where the virus is present and the increased number of individuals that these employees are exposed to.
Bode offers priority testing for essential employees and first responders through the Bode-CARES program.
Bode-CARES for Nursing Homes
CDC has recommendations for when nursing homes should test all residents and healthcare personnel (HCP) in nursing homes. Facility-wide testing involves testing all residents for detection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and to use that information to prevent exposure of nursing home residents.
Recommendations include for serial testing after the initial facility-wide testing to identify new transmission events early.
Bode-CARES for Employers and Universities
Many organizations are implementing COVID-19 testing programs to keep employees, staff and students safe by quickly identifying the potential risk of COVID-19 exposure to their staff. Through return-to-work and safer-at-work programs, regular and systematic testing of individuals enables agencies to safely maintain operations.
Following each screening, and in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures, individuals will be cleared for work or redirected to the client’s human resources team or other designated client staff for further action,
Contact Bode to inquire about our COVID-19 testing services and capacity: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bode brings 25 years of demonstrated technical expertise and advancements of laboratory experience, as well as successful execution of hundreds of contracts. Based in Lorton, Virginia, Bode employs more than 140 analysts, scientists, and technologists who are dedicated to developing and utilizing state-of-the-art technology to achieve Bode’s mission of being the most trusted laboratory service provider in the world.
Bode’s laboratory is CLIA certified by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for the purpose of providing diagnostic testing. Bode is also accredited by ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB) to ISO/IEC 17025:2017 for Forensic Testing and Calibration Laboratories as well as the FBI Quality Assurance Standards for Forensic DNA Testing Laboratories and DNA Databasing Laboratories. In addition, Bode is AABB certified for relationship testing and has been certified by many states that required individual certifications including Texas, New York and Maryland.
COVID-19 Resources - General
COVID-19 Guidelines for First Responders
- CDC - What Law Enforcement Personnel Need to Know about COVID-19
- CDC - FAQs for Law Enforcement
- CDC - Interim Guidance for Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Infrastructure Workers Who May Have Had Exposure to a Person with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19
- CDC - CDC Guidance on Management of COVID-19 in Correctional and Detention Facilities