Increase Investigative Leads to Solve Violent Crimes
Bode Technology’s Forensic Genealogy Service (FGS) combines DNA analysis with traditional genealogy and familial research to deliver investigative leads in trying to solve or support cases.
Better Results and More Impact
Bode's genealogy team has evaluated the best way to handle each item of evidence. The ability to test samples varies based on the quantity, quality and source of DNA available. By offering Microarray SNP and Genome Sequencing, Bode offers cost-effective approaches to our clients, while also getting them the best results. This includes:
- 82%+ success rate in generating results that are searchable in Family Tree DNA and GEDMatch databases after case review
- 95%+ success rate in generating useable results after QC stages
In doing this, Bode saves our clients time and money, while preserving valuable evidence and having the most impact.
More Investigative Leads
Bode’s FGS team will utilize DNA matches to identify individuals that may be related to an unknown sample. From there, the genealogy team will utilize available records and case information to identify relatives to the sample (and in some cases the actual identity of the sample itself).
Investigators will have direct access to Bode scientists and genealogists to further the investigation and identify likely leads. As genealogists hone in on individuals, investigators can follow leads and assist in identification of specific names.
Violent Crimes and Unidentified Remains
Bode can provide forensic genealogy services to law enforcement for violent crimes against individuals (rapes or homicides) or for identifying human remains of deceased individuals.
High Quality Program
Bode FGS is designed to ensure a high level of quality at all stages of the process.
- Accredited Quantification and Extractions
- CAP/CLIA Accredited Microarray Testing Laboratory
- Option to provide Genome Sequencing on challenging samples
- Ability to process mixtures on a case-by-case basis
- Large Pool of Samples in Multiple Databases including GEDMatch and Family Tree DNA
- Board Certified and Experienced Genealogists
- Expedited Confirmation Samples in our Accredited Lab
- Ongoing Monitoring if there are No Initial Links or Leads
Bode FGS - Case Submission
Contact Bode if you would like to discuss submitting a case. Bode's Technical Services team can help answer any questions that you have on your case.
Phone: (703) 646-9740
To submit a case, complete the Case Submission Form.
Click here for more information on Case Submission