About Bode Technology
Bode Technology provides:
- Trusted forensic DNA analysis services
- Innovative products and solutions
- Quality service and support
Bode Technology serves the law enforcement and identification markets and is unique in that it provides both state-of-the-art human DNA analysis and innovative DNA collection products. The range of Bode’s services include diverse offerings such as high-throughput DNA testing services, casework analysis, missing person identification, private and CODIS databanking of convicted offenders or arrestees, as well as paternity identification. Our patented DNA collection systems are in use worldwide for collections of DNA from convicted offenders and arrestees, from crime scenes, as well as from parents and children for genealogy and identification services. By leveraging the strength and experience of our research and development teams and casework analysts, Bode Technology offers worldwide DNA analysis services, consulting, training, and validation services on a customized basis.
As the operator of one of the most internationally respected private DNA laboratories, Bode Technology’s forensic DNA experts have assisted in identifying criminals in every state in the United States, as well as victims of war, terrorism, crime, and natural disasters, including the 2001 attack on the World Trade Center, the conflicts in Cyprus, and the remains of U.S. soldiers dating back to the Vietnam War. Bode played an integral role in assisting with the identification efforts related to Hurricane Katrina, and new advances in extraction technologies that have led to the reopening of efforts to identify victims of the World Trade Center attack.
Bode Technology's extensive experience in DNA forensics includes:
- More than 150,000 completed forensic cases and the processing of more than 30,000 cases per year
- The use of validation specialists who have validated all aspects of forensic DNA typing, including automation, STRs, mini-STRs, Y-STRs and improved extraction procedures
- The leveraging of specialized teams of qualified analysts who are dedicated to the screening of unscreened evidence and/or processing of screened evidence from sexual assault, homicide, kidnapping and property crime cases
- More than 3.5 million DNA profiles delivered to U.S. states and a number of federal agencies
- A fully-integrated laboratory information management system (LIMS) for sample tracking, ensuring sample integrity and chain of custody
- A commitment to generating scientifically accurate results by striving to exceed the Quality Assurance Standards for Forensic DNA Testing Laboratories and Quality Assurance Standards for Convicted Offender DNA Databasing Laboratories that are issued by the FBI Director
Mission and Values
At Bode Technology, our mission is to make a positive contribution to society by using science responsibly and ethically to help create a safer and more secure world. We also strive to advance the cause of justice through the use of technologically advanced products and services. As a market leader, our goal is to become a trusted and respected resource in providing sophisticated DNA identification to law enforcement agencies, federal and state governments, crime laboratories and disaster management organizations around the world. Innovation and the advancement of science in the field of forensic DNA identification is at the heart of everything that we do, and we strive to continue to be a leader in conducting research and development in the areas of molecular biology and related advanced technologies.
About the Lab
Bode Technology’s forensic DNA laboratory is located at 10430 Furnace Road, Suite 107, in Lorton, Virginia. The laboratory has been designed for maximum efficiency with state-of-the-art, reconfigurable equipment and furniture. We maintain a large pre-amplification laboratory with smaller connected laboratories for screening, extraction and research and development work. The mitochondrial DNA laboratory is equipped with a positive charge to push air out and a HEPA filtration system to minimize contamination.
The layout of the laboratories is designed to allow convenient access to supplies and evidence. Additionally, there are vestibules at the entrance of each laboratory to control air flow and provide a location for lab coats and protective supplies. The vestibules have built-in pass-through portals for transfer of samples from one laboratory to the next.