About IQAS Proficiency Tests
Created by DNA Experts for DNA Experts
International Quality Assessment Scheme (IQAS) proficiency test kits are distributed by Bode to both public and private sector forensic DNA testing laboratories. Since the inception of the IQAS program in 1991, thousands of IQAS proficiency tests have been distributed to DNA testing laboratories in the US and internationally.
- All IQAS proficiency tests are available each quarter
- Multiple IQAS kits enable selection of sample types (neat or mixture)
- Option of reporting serological and/or DNA results each quarter
- Report autosomal STR, Y-STR, and/or mitochondrial DNA results with each test
- Use the Web-based IQAS Proficiency Test Management Portal to order, assign, and track your proficiency tests
- Participants can download the results submission form from our secure website and submit their results online
- Results submission form with drop-down lists makes it faster and easier to input results
- Confirmation of receipt of your results is provided
- ISO/IEC 17043-accredited proficiency test provider
Accuracy of Results
- The results submission form displays the loci in the same order as they appear on the electropherograms for the STR kit(s) used.
- Result files are uploaded directly into the IQAS database, eliminating the need for data entry and minimizing transcription errors.
- Target values are compiled from consensus results obtained from at least two pre-distribution testing and/or participant laboratories.
- Summary reports are provided to the ANSI National Accreditation Board (ANAB), as requested by each participant.
NOTE: Proficiency testing kits are shipped via overnight courier to arrive on or around the first day of the quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1). This complies with requirements for semiannual proficiency testing.