Bode provides comprehensive Rapid DNA Services and Support enabling end users to have a Rapid DNA solution that meets published quality standards, while providing access to DNA database development solutions and support from forensic DNA analysts.
Rapid DNA describes the fully automated (hands free) process of developing a DNA profile swab without human intervention. When Rapid DNA is properly deployed, with the support of an accredited laboratory, there is the opportunity for increased success. Rapid DNA technology can provide:
- Expedited results of investigations
- Confirmation of individual identity or relationships
- Identification of investigative support or leads for law enforcement
- Exoneration of suspects from criminal investigations
Rapid DNA Services at Bode
Comprehensive Rapid DNA Support
Bode’s Comprehensive Rapid DNA Support includes multiple elements. Bode supports clients through an annual or monthly subscription.
- RapidHIT ID Validation and Ongoing Support: Bode provides validation services and ongoing quality checks of the client's instrument.
- BodeHITS Access, Database Development and Data Sharing: Access to program to develop a DNA database. This program includes the ability to search against other in-state DNA databases.
- Rapid DNA Reachback Support: On-demand support from qualified forensic DNA analysts to review flagged Rapid DNA samples.
Rapid DNA Testing Service
Bode has implemented the RapidHIT ID™ system for laboratory operations. The RapidHIT ID uses cutting edge technology to generate DNA profiles in <90 minutes for single-source reference samples. Through this service, Bode offers:
- Same day comparisons, including statistical analysis, of single-source samples to other forensic samples
- Rush turnaround on confirmation testing for CODIS hits
Use of Rapid DNA in Forensics Webinars:
Webinar #1: Implementation of Rapid DNA: Prevent Tomorrow's Victim
Bode Technology and Thermo Fisher Scientific co-hosted this webinar to help the criminal justice community understand the significant impact Rapid DNA and local DNA databases can have on solving and preventing crime.
Webinar #2: From Collection to Prosecution: Investigations using Rapid DNA and a Local DNA Database
Click Here for On Demand Webinar
Bode Technology and Thermo Fisher Scientific are proud to offer this follow up webinar featuring Glenn Vandegrift, Detective Sergeant of Forensics in the Criminal Investigations Division at Bensalem Township Police department, who will use case examples to explain how Rapid DNA and local DNA databases can solve crimes faster.
Preparing for the Worst - Rapid DNA as Part of a Comprehensive Disaster Victim ID Plan
Bode Technology and Thermo Fisher Scientific are proud to co-host this webinar demonstrating how rapid DNA can play a pivotal role in disaster victim identification (DVI) efforts.
- Presentation: "Rapidly Paving the Way for Rapid DNA: Experiences of an Accredited Laboratory"
- Presentation: "Working with Law Enforcement to Implement Rapid DNA"
Contact us for more information:
1.866.263.3443 or 1.703.646.9740
RapidHIT ID is a trademark of Thermo Fisher Scientific