Bode is a worldwide distributor of DNA●VIEW™, software for DNA mixture analysis, kinship and DNA identification created and supported by Dr. Charles Brenner.
DNA●VIEW is the “gold standard” in determining and calculating the numerical strength of DNA evidence for the large variety of forensic problems that are important for a DNA identification laboratory. Originally developed in 1988, DNA-VIEW has been installed in more than 150 labs in 40 countries.
Mixture Analysis and Searching: Techniques and Tools Solving Real World Problems (Presented by Dr. Charles Brenner)
April 30, 2014: 2-3pm EST
|DNA●VIEW performs statistical analyses and DNA comparisons including:
DNA●VIEW – Drive Identifications Through DNA
Calculations can help drive identifications in many cases.
- Mixture statistics – mixed and simple stain matching calculation
- Kinship – identification from relatives
- Missing body identifications (also inheritance, incest, etc.)
- Mass identification or offender database searching
- Racial attribution
DNA●VIEW is a powerful tool that drives the complicated statistics while still providing easy data import (directly from ABI GeneMapper®/Genotyper®) and import of population data and analysis tools.
Perform complex calculations on simple or complex stains and mixtures. DNA●VIEW will provide results using Likelihood Ratios or Exclusion calculations.
DNA●VIEW’s calculations can identify:
A part of DNA•VIEW called the Symbolic Kinship Program analyzes problems of relatedness based on genetic data, for a rather general class of problems of which the ordinary paternity trio problem is the prototype. Examples include:
- Motherless case: Is this man the father of this child, based on genetic types from just the two of them?
- Incest case: Do the genetic types indicate that two people are doubly related?
- Sibling problems: Are two given people full siblings? half-siblings? unrelated?
- Inheritance problem: Are two people related as claimed?
- Twin problem: Are two siblings (whose parents may not be tested) identical twins?
- Corpse identification: Is this corpse the same person who was reported missing by some family?
|Mass Disaster Identification
DNA●VIEW has been used as a tool in unidentified persons identification worldwide.
Contact us for more information or to set up a demonstration/meeting with Dr. Charles Brenner:
1.866.263.3343 or +1.703.646.9740